Minimalblog is a minimalist WordPress blogging theme. it has very clean and well organized code. and it has tons of customization features. this theme developed by used WordPress default customize API. you can use this theme to build your personal and business blog and also a basic E-commerce store. in this article we will talk about how to customize this theme. so let’s begin.
This documentation is for both users premium and free. but free version have some limitation.
Minimalblog WordPress Theme
Free Version: 2.1.2
Premium Version: 1.2.1
Table of Content:
- How to Install Theme.?
- How to install and activate required plugins.?
- How to create a page? whole discussion.
- Menu Settings
- Theme Options
- How to customize blog/archive page header/banner section?
- how to change theme primary color?
- how to create audio / video / gallery Slider post?
- Featured Section Customization.
- Featured Category Slider.
- Blog Page Customization.
How To Install & Activate Theme
MinimalBlog Theme Free & Pro Both version is available. if you would like to use free version. then download theme from below button.
If you are a premium user then login to your my-account page by clicking below button. and download it.
After download keep it in your desktop. and follow bellow instruction.
To install theme login to your WordPress Dashboard, go to appearance>themes>Add New > and Press Upload Theme Button and then upload your downloaded file.
When installation is complete activate the theme.
if your server file upload size is limited. follow below instruction
- Log into your hosting space via an FTP software
- Unzip the minimalblogpro.zip file
- Upload the extracted minimalblogpro folder into wp-content >themes folder
- To activate the theme: Go to Appearance > themes select Minimalblog Pro or Minimalblog and activate it.
Minimalblog Install & Activate Required Plugins
Once you activated minimalblogpro theme then You will get a notification for required plugins.
- Click on “Begin installing plugins” to install required plugins.
- Select All Required Plugin to Install and Active
How to create a Page?
Follow the serial number from below screenshot. number wise i have explained everything.
- Title: Type Page title There
- Content: Type your content here.
- Page Banner: By default page banner section will stay hide. if you would like to show page banner. make it yes. when you will make it yes, the number 4 and 5 will display.
- Page Banner height: by default page banner height is 300px it comes from theme style css. just type the height of your banner.
- Show title on Banner: by default page title display below banner. but if you want to show page title over banner with a gray overlay. then turn it to yes.
- Breadcrumb: By default custom page breadcrumb is hide. but if you like to show breadcrumb then turn it yes and the number 7 will display.
- Show Breadcrumb Over Banner: if you like to show breadcrumb over page banner section then turn it to yes.
- Page Template: Minimalblog theme has 4Page template. full width, left sidebar, right sidebar and front page template. below we will talk about front page template.
- Page Banner Image: Featured will appear as your page banner image.
- Publish: when everything is done make your page publish.
Follow the below step for setup menu your theme.
- Navigate to Appearance > Menus section of your admin.
- Click the “Create A New Menu” to create new menu.
- To add a menu item, select one of your created pages on the left hand side and click “Add to Menu”. You can also add all kinds of different posts from the left side.
- After setting up your menu, scroll down to the bottom of the page to assign the menu to Menu Settings > Theme locations : Primary Menu
follow the serial numbers from be the below screenshot. below of this screenshot i have explain everything according to this serial number.